Kingslea Primary School
17 Oct 2019, 13:00
17 Oct 2019, 16:00
No of Classes:
Interested in developing your teaching of reading?
Looking to refine what your school already does, or try something different in the new school year?
Jo Payne is a Deputy Headteacher at Kingslea Primary School. She writes a blog, MrsPTeach, on which she shares ideas about many subjects within education, including: feedback and marking, the teaching of reading and maintaining a healthy work-life balance as a teacher. She co-wrote Making Every Primary Lesson Count and earlier this year, shared ideas about teaching at #SRock18 and a local Research Ed conference.
13.00-14.15 Principles for teaching reading
- Ingredients for an effective reading unit
- Moving from carousel to whole-class lessons
- Planning whole-class guided reading
- Balancing challenge and support in guided reading
14.30-16.00 Lesson examples, ideas and strategies
- KS2 example lessons
- Reading FAQ, including how whole-class lessons can work in KS1