Kingslea Primary School
13 Feb 2020, 13:00
13 Feb 2020, 16:00
No of Classes:
Interested in developing your teaching of reading?
Looking to refine what your school already does, or try something different in the new school year?
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WATCH FOR A NEW COURSE BEING ADVERTISED LATER IN THE YEAR.
Jo Payne is a Deputy Headteacher at Kingslea Primary School. She writes a blog, MrsPTeach, on which she shares ideas about many subjects within education, including: feedback and marking, the teaching of reading and maintaining a healthy work-life balance as a teacher. She co-wrote Making Every Primary Lesson Count and earlier this year, shared ideas about teaching at #SRock18 and a local Research Ed conference.
13.00-14.15 Principles for teaching reading
- Ingredients for an effective reading unit
- Moving from carousel to whole-class lessons
- Planning whole-class guided reading
- Balancing challenge and support in guided reading
14.30-16.00 Lesson examples, ideas and strategies
- KS2 example lessons
- Reading FAQ, including how whole-class lessons can work in KS1