The importance of your Privacy
E-PD Trust takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information for the following purposes, to administer your account and to provide information on products and services that may interest you. We will never pass or sell your data on to third parties. We strictly adhere to guidelines published in the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 which is applicable from 25th May 2018.
Who are E-PD Trust?
E-PD Trust (e-PD) is an independent not-for-profit private limited company led by schools for schools with our registered office in Horsham, West Sussex. Our purpose is to harness collaboration and share good practice for the improvement of education.
When a school or education establishment subscribes to e-PD its practitioners can register individually and provide us with basic personal information. As such you should not allow others to access your account, for example by sharing your login details with a colleague.
What information will e-PD collect about you?
We may collect basic personal information about you connected with your school when you register online at or reserve a place on a course, or when we interact with you for marketing and CPD needs assessment purposes. Most of the information will come directly from you and individual connected with your school or establishment.
The types of information we collect about you may include:
- Names and individual roles and areas of expertise
- School or establishment postal addresses
- Work or personal email addresses
- Telephone or mobile numbers
- Password identifiers
e-PD collects information about how you use our services and this may include:
- Your use of e-PD’s services, such as what you read, what pages and content you visited or documents you download.
- Information deposited about reviews of courses and events that individuals have attended
How will e-PD use the information it collects about me?
We’ll only use information on you and individuals connected to your school or establishment where we have consent or we have another lawful reason for using it. These reasons include where we:
- Need to pursue our legitimate interests
- Need to process the information to carry out an agreement we have with you
The reasons we use your information and information relating to individuals connected to your school include:
- Delivering our products and services
- To provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our sites so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored experience.
- Managing our relationship with you, including (unless you tell us otherwise) telling you about products and services we think may be relevant for you
When will e-PD contact me?
e-PD may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that e-PD can deliver the services, e.g. to verify an additional user on your school’s account, or to help you reset your password, or to confirm reservations
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about e-PD products or services
- In relation to any tailored services you are using
- To invite you to participate in surveys or research about e-PD’s current or potential products and services (participation is always voluntary)
- To update you on any material changes to our policies and practices
- For marketing purposes, as set out below.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
From time to time we may send you marketing communications which we believe may be of interest to you. We may use your information and information relating to individuals connected to your school to provide information about other e-PD products and services, and also products and services from our partners and other relevant third parties. We may send marketing messages by post, email, telephone, text, in app or other e-PD platforms. You may opt out of receiving marketing by calling the team on 01403 282019 or 01403 282988, emailing us at , or by clicking the link on any marketing emails we may send you.
Will e-PD share my personal information with anyone else?
We may share your information and information relating to individuals connected to your school with others where lawful to do so including where we or they:
- Need to in order to provide you with products or services you’ve requested (e.g. fulfilling a payment request)
- Have a public or legal duty to do so
- Need to in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests
- Have a legitimate business reason for doing so
- To provide you with services you’ve requested
- Have asked you or the individuals connected to your business for your permission to share it, and you (or they) have agreed.
Sometimes, other people give us data about you which we may need for our legitimate business purposes. This may happen when you use another website that we link to. For example, we may link through to third-party payment providers. They tell us that you have paid for your products. We also might engage third-party contractors to provide us with technical or delivery services that are related to your account with us.
Sometimes we use third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. e-PD requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and e-PD requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Will other Permitted Users be able to see my data?
Permitted Users at your school can view certain information relating to your school’s or establishment’s information, including a list of all the other Permitted Users at your school, with their first name, surname and email address. This allows Permitted Users to see which of their colleagues are also registered, and to ensure they are eligible, in line with our Service Level Agreement.
In order to develop our collaborative community and share good practice, e-PD also enables other registered users (belonging to schools and educational establishments) on our website to access your name, email address and areas of expertise.
How we protect your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers, and we have implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect the data including HTTPS and the industry standard for encryption and SSL technology. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee that data breaches will never occur. Please keep your password safe and log out of inactive sessions.
We do not recommend that you put email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, full names or addresses, credit-card details or other identifying or sensitive information in any online forums on our website.
You have a number of rights in relation to the information that we hold about you under the data protections laws. These rights include:
- The right to access information we hold about you and to obtain information about how we process it
- In some circumstances, the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information, which you can do at any time. We may continue to process your information if we have another legitimate reason for doing so
- In some circumstances, the right to receive certain information you have provided to us in an electronic format and/or request that we transmit it to a third party;
- The right to request that we rectify your information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete
- In some circumstances, the right to request that we erase your information. We may continue to retain your information if we’re entitled or required to retain it
- The right to object to, and to request that we restrict, our processing of your information in some circumstances. Again, there may be situations where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your information but we’re entitled to continue processing it and/or to refuse your request. You and individuals (including individuals connected to your school or establishment) can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals also have a right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting www.ico.org.uk, or to the data protection regulator in the country where they live or work.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us in the usual way or emailing us at or calling 01403 282019 / 01403 282988.
- You have the right to access information we hold about you. Simply email us at and we will tell you how to do this.
We have also given you the right to update your personal information online by accessing your account by logging in to our website at www.e-pd.org.ukand accessing the button labelled ‘Edit my Details’.
Last updated 31 May 2018. © E-PD Trust
Company no. 07685913
Registered address: E-PD Trust, Mitex Centre, Millais School, Depot Road, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 5HR.